Many of Hampshire County Council Libraries will be operating Warm Spaces this winter where you can go and keep warm. You can find more information on their website https://www.hants.gov.uk/costofliving/warm-spaces
Hampshire County Council also has a helpline called Hitting the Cold Spots for residents.
The helpline is open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Call 0800 804 8601 or 023 8033 6172 for landline rates. Calls may not be free from mobiles https://www.hants.gov.uk/socialcareandhealth/adultsocialcare/coldspots
The helpline is open to all Hampshire residents. Some services have eligibility criteria, and advisors will be able to talk you through the best possible solution for each caller. Services include:
- Assistance to help you save money on your energy bills
- Signposting and referrals to other organisations
- Home visits form advisors offering advice and practical support
- Support with temporary heating measures if you are without heating
- Help to access funding
- Eligibility check for the Warm Home Discount and local energy efficiency schemes
Pantries, community fridges and foodbanks
Hampshire County Council also has a useful webpage with lots of tips and information about local Community Pantries and fridges and food banks in your area. Community pantries provide groceries at a lower cost than supermarkets or shops, offering a range of fresh, frozen and general foods which will change on a weekly basis.