The Mole Valley Employment and Skills Hub or ‘MV Hub’ works with a variety of partners to support the residents of Mole Valley. By hosting a range of organisations at the Hub residents can access advice on energy, water, money, employment and training, as well as making referrals to other specialist services.
The project is an excellent example of worker together, a multi-agency approach between partner organisations operating as a single point of contact.
Partners include The Mole Valley Hub, Energy Manage, SES Water, Christians Against Poverty, Clarion Housing, Age UK Surrey and the Job Centre.
We particularly help those on a low income that are struggling to heat their homes.
How the project helps.
The support includes:
- Information to help people save money on energy and water bills
- Help with energy and water debts
- Advice on benefits and money
- Help with budgeting and debt advice
- Information and advice on scams
- Tailored advice to help prevent further difficulties
- Eligibility and registration for the Priority Services Register
- Encouraging people to access the support they need and referring people for further specialist support
- Access to fuel crisis support
Mandy Bosher, Manager at The MV Hub says “This is a great opportunity for residents living in Leatherhead. It makes things easier for people that are on a low income and may be struggling with a number of issues, helping them to access services in a single location.”
One of the people that have been supported said.
“I am really grateful for the information I received. I didn’t know there were so many ways I could save money. I even get cheaper water bills. I’m now on the best tariffs and getting cheaper bills. Thank you”
Janet, Hub User
Why not pop in to the MV Hub or you can make an appointment by calling (01372) 379 879.
The MV Hub can be located in the Swan Centre in Leatherhead town centre.
The MV Hub
For more information about the services available at the MV Hub
please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01372) 379 879.